Installation of your product is the front door to your product. Mark Twain said it best when he said "you only get one chance to make a good first impression."
Our solutions don't stop once our software has shipped. While our tools are specifically designed for ease of use, we know our customers sometimes need help with special projects or complex customizations. We offer customization and consulting services for customers who have special requirements for their installations, or want to hire "the experts" to implement the software installation for them. Why take a chance with anyone else? For a reasonable fee, our experienced programmers will work with you to adapt and/or create customized software deployment and maintenance solutions that will fit your specific requirements.
While our tools are specifically designed for ease of use, we know our customers sometimes need help with special projects or complex customizations.
Lindersoft's Consulting Services help our customers create customized installations and deployment techniques for Windows applications. We help leading software developers deploy their applications or handle web deployments for product updates. Whatever the project, whatever the size, we provide tailor-made services for all phases of installation -- including design, integration, testing, debugging, and knowledge transfer.
Because reputable software companies are frequently focused on product development, they can hit costly pitfalls when the time comes to add an installer to their project. Tedious expenditures of installer development include training an engineer to program setup scripts, purchasing the development tool itself, and investigating and addressing the installation issues unique to each application and the platform it will run on.
Our customers primarily use this service for the following reasons:
- To develop new software deployment and maintenance infrastructure technologies.
- To outsource installer development.
- To take advantage of Lindersoft's extensive experience in creating installation programs and in managing the Software Release Engineering phase of product development.
- To get a product "out the door" quickly using the concentrated expertise provided by several programmers working in concert.
- To "dress up" a program so that it has a more attractive and user-friendly interface.
- To help non-programmers and beginning programmers make desired changes and/or additions to their products.
- To enhance or add a "professional quality" where needed.
- To take maximum advantage of the potential power of Lindersoft installation program technology, so that your installation program requirements are met or exceeded.
- To "reverse engineer" a legacy installation program and to convert it to SetupBuilder while modernizing the installation process.
On a project level, clients contract consulting services from Lindersoft to install software applications and products in line with work schedules and company standards. The consulting services delivered to clients working on either level might include review and recommendation for development and distribution processes, tools, application management, staff skills and installation packaging.
Our Consulting Services team is a direct link to Lindersoft's internal engineering team. Our top engineers rotate between new software development and Consulting Services projects, enabling them to bring knowledge of the latest technologies and a thorough understanding of our clients' needs to everything they do. When you hire Lindersoft, you hire the most experienced application infrastructure engineers in the industry.
A quality-assurance study of the top ten multimedia edutainment titles already selling in the marketplace found 84 bugs hidden among their respective installers. As a result, more and more industry leaders are now finding that outsourcing their deployment is the prudent alternative. Typically, installer bugs stem from a combination of issues described by the first two of the following four categories. Other problems of a more general scope that affect your bottom-line stem from a combination of all five.
- The RUSH Factor—quick turnaround doesn't have to mean a rush-job—it means getting it right the first time. Software deployment (also installation routine) is typically the last feature developed—so it's often rushed in order to meet the impending ship date. The result? All too often in-house install routines are plagued with bugs and crashes; all too often, the end-user is left with a negative first impression.
- The KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE Factor—hire the most experienced application infrastructure engineers in the industry. Our top engineers rotate between new software development and Consulting Services projects, enabling them to bring knowledge of the latest technologies and a thorough understanding of our clients' needs to everything they do.
- The COST Factor—it costs less than doing it yourself. Reputable software companies, focused on product development, hit unforeseen and costly pitfalls when the time comes to incorporate a deployment method; development teams encounter new obstacles, unique and divergent from the original project itself. Overcoming these obstacles diverts time and money for training and investigation.
- The FOCUS Factor—your dev team has more important things to think about. When you outsource, you are freed to focus your in-house efforts on the job at hand, the job for which your development team was brought together in the first place. By choosing the right company to develop your install routine, you avoid mistakes, you save money.
- The FUTURE Factor—your needs and platform standards change, deployment solutions have to evolve. Platform requirements change. You'll probably also seek new functionality from your future installers. Perhaps you'll want to bundle your software with other products or discover you need to release an update patch. If you've outsourced your deployment needs, your installer will be continually maintained, ready for any upgrades or changes you might require—no matter what the time.
We help clients minimize cost and ship-time; to supplement their product's acceptance by providing a robust, attractive, and intelligent installation routine; and, in this capacity, to take a vested interest in helping our client deliver a final product that is flawless.
A good installation program makes a difference:
- It makes your product's first impression.
- It lowers technical support requirements.
- It reduces product returns.
- It gives your users greater confidence, and greater satisfaction in your software.
Using the Lindersoft SetupBuilder Custom Scriptwriting Service is as easy as it sounds! You tell us what your installation should do and we write it for you. Thousands of users around the world rely on the SetupBuilder scripting language for its power, flexibility, and ease of use. When you don't have time, let Lindersoft write the scripts.
Standard Installation Package: $395
- Windows-standard SetupBuilder interface with customizable setup screen.
- Copies executables, program DLLs, shared system files, and help files to the appropriate places.
- Initializes registry settings.
- Initializes self-registering DLLs and OCXs.
- Creates shortcuts.
- Creates a complete uninstall application.
- Satisfies Windows logo requirements.
- Autoplay for CD-ROM builds.
- Ownership (royalty-free distribution).
Advanced Installation Options: Inquire for pricing
- Custom dialog layout for installs.
- Install from the web.
- Enable Updates via the Web capability (web updates).
- Creating update installations.
- Password protection, standard serial number key setup, and custom authentication schemes.
- Calling DLL functions.
- Calling Windows APIs.
- Launching other installations.
- Combine multiple applications installations into a single, seamless install solution.
- Enabling unattended/silent installations.
- Develop multi-product suite installation with component selection.
- Bootup installation and bootable CD-ROMs.
- Maintenance options.
- Digital signatures.
Whatever the project, whatever the size, we provide tailor-made services for all phases of installation and administration deployment — including design, integration, testing, debugging, and knowledge transfer.
For complete information and pricing, please contact Lindersoft Consulting at email@example.com. We'll contact you quickly, ask a few questions to gather some more detailed information, and then prepare an estimate and discuss scheduling the right SetupBuilder Consulting Solution to meet your needs.